POSnet won't let me be able to select Purchase etc.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

POSnet won't let me be able to select Purchase etc.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:14 pm

Hi. When I set a global folder (which is at the server and mounted as Z:\) it wont let me select Purchase, No Sale, return, Void.

What is wrong?

p.s. should I put the global file like \\posnetserver\posnet or keep as Z:\?

Thanks a lot!

cmputerman
Forum Regular

Technical Stuff

Post by cmputerman » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:30 pm

I don't know if this will help but, I have 3 computers, 2 have Windows XP, 1 with Windows 98 SE, each connected via ethernet.

Thanks very much in advance!

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:39 pm

Guest,

You need to map the drive so that Z (or whatever you want to use) is connected to your server path \\posnetserver\posnet

DHPOS can't access server paths directly, they must first be connected using a drive letter.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Two POS folders.

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:19 am

Guest,

You are not supposed to be able to ring sales, returns, etc. from the global folder so those options are not available from the POS software loaded there. To use that computer to also ring sales it must have TWO SEPARATE POS FOLDERS on that computer's hard drive. One of the folders must be the global folder and the other must be a local folder. Run the POS program from the local folder and you have a cash register. Run the POS program from the global folder and you can only do "global" stuff.
Dale