HElP!! Global Server won't start

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

anwoke8204
Forum Regular
HElP!! Global Server won't start

Post by anwoke8204 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:26 am

Hi, My global register for some reason won't start. I go to open pos.exe and select that aprint is running, after typing in the password to unlock it and then the screen goes Blank(grey). I try to run posconfig and it says Path not found in line 2 of posfig4 at address 2A2A:2C35 hit any key to return to the system. is there anyway to fix this with out having to reload pos. if I have to reload pos is there a way to back up the current info so I don't have to reconfigure the global system again, took me about 3-4 hours to get everything set for our company. this has happened to me before but luckly I had not started with the stock table yet nor had I done much of the configuring yet. I was just starting to play with dhpos and looking into different register systems. I really like the features and everything that dhpos has and want to stick with it.
any help would be apprecieated(spelling sorry head has been not doing to well the past few days)
many thanks,
Andrew Stevens
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.

anwoke8204
Forum Regular

forgot something

Post by anwoke8204 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:28 am

one thing that is wierd is I can still access al the global info from the other registers, I just can't start the global pos to close out everything for the day.
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

PATH

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:25 am

Did you copy the global ????????.POS file from another computer to this one? It sounds like the PATH on this global folder is not the same as it was on the other computer.

Try this. Backup the current ???????.POS file on the global folder. Then copy the ???????.POS file from one of the registers to the global folder. See if the global folder will now function as a register. If it does, go to the "Network" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and change the mode back to GLOBAL. You will have to change the local settings (printer and such) back to the way they should be for the GLOBAL computer. You should also do this when there are no sales rung up on the registers.

If this does not work attach your ??????.POS file from the GLOBAL folder to an email and sent it to me. I will remove the PATH and send it back to you.
Dale

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:48 pm

I've Had The Same Problem I Had To Take My .pos .cfg and other files and make a tempoary folder and than delete pos and download a new version BUT When You save .pos and .cfg and other files that saves your config and stock table BUT Do This ONLY As A Last Resort Try What Dale Said First!

8) :)