Question about the timer function

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

anwoke8204
Forum Regular
Question about the timer function

Post by anwoke8204 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:48 am

sorry for all the questions and everything tonight, but we are in the final stages of opening up our company so we are on a tight schedule to try and have everything done.

Is there a way to get the timer function to go back to the sales screen after you end the timer and not to the point where we have to unlock the register and then it takes us to the main menu. I don't want my employees having the password to open/close the register mainly because then they can't close the register mid-day then re-open and only report 1/2 days sales. I want it to stay so that a manager has to open/close the register. But everytime I run through the timer and end it it prints the reciept and then asks if aprint is running and then asks for the unlock/manager password. Is there a way to set this up.
Many thanks,
Andrew Stevens
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Timer thing

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:13 am

I will look into this today.

However the main way to keep the employees from closing out the register in the middle of the day and then re-opening the register and only reporting half the day's sales is to compare the transaction numbers from the closing receipt on one day to the opening report on the next day. If the transaction numbers are sequential then take a look at the journal (or the "Voids" feature) to see if the register was closed out during the day.

Another option is to use the "Z" reading. Subtracting last night's "Z" reading from tonight's "Z" reading should equal the net sales on tonight's closing report.

So what kind of "time" are you selling? Time on what?
Dale

anwoke8204
Forum Regular

Time

Post by anwoke8204 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:28 am

The Kind of time that we will be sellling is on lan party roon, We Provide the network connections and people pay us to use them and get together and play games. It is becoming quite popular these days.
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Update

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:10 pm

In version 637 BETA 7 I have changed the program so that if you are returning to the POS.EXE program file from another file it will not ask if you are running APRINT and when you go to the POSCONFG.EXE program it will no longer automatically lock the register.

Here is the download link...

<center> http://keyhut.com/pos637b7.zip </center>

I am now updating the user's guides, updating the email list of registered users and getting ready to release this thing on Sunday unless there is a bug report.

But no more features for version 6.37. (Dale puts fingers in ears) Nananananananananananananananananananananananananananananana
nanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananan
I can't hear you!!!!!!!!!!!
Dale

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:10 am

You're my hero Dale - my keyboard thanks you re: supressing the APRINT popup message :P
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)