Strange phone calls

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
Strange phone calls

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:20 pm

I was just reminded about a post on the old forum that should also be posted here.

A while back I received an email from several DHPOS users that told me that they had been contacted by phone. The caller said that she was my wife and that the program was not really free and that the user must send her money ($500 - $1000) or she would be forced to sue and that since they had already used the software that even if they stopped using it they would still have to pay for this year.

Let me make this really clear.

THIS POS SOFTWARE IS FREE

I wrote this program and I am giving it away. I am not a company so no one else may represent me to ask you for money. Several places in the program state that it is free, it is. If anyone demands money from you for the program they do not represent me and are trying to con you. You can use the program for any purpose you want, you can make all the copies you want, and you can give it away and you will not owe anyone anything.

While you can make a donation it is up to you if you want to do it but no one will contact you to ask for a donation.

If anyone does contact you for money you may email me at daleharris@prodigy.net or call (773) 763-2076 and I will personally tell you that this program is free.
Last edited by Dale Harris on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:14 pm

If You Don't Understand What Dale Said Keep Reading If You Do Go To A Diffrent Post

Fr-ee. Meaning Something That Does Not Require Payment
Examples

"That Drink Is FREE"

"This Wonderful POS Program Is Totally 100% FREE"

AppealingMitch

Post by AppealingMitch » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:19 pm

ibmsystems wrote:
"That Drink Is FREE"

"This Wonderful POS Program Is Totally 100% FREE"
Haha.. Nice :) I like it

LOL..

of course its free.. not open source :( but still free :D

listerofsmeg
Forum Regular

Post by listerofsmeg » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:02 am

Have a Look at this for the meaning of FREE!
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Free
I used to be known as the theposman!