EAS??

For any non-pos posts you wish to post.

Moderators:daleadmin, Alan, Andrew

ibmsystems
Forum Regular
EAS??

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:31 am

Has Anybody Thought About EAS??? Electronic Article Servalince If You Shop At Wal*Mart Near The Exit And Entery Doors There Are Tall Polls Which Can Beep You Play A Recorded Message Those Are EAS Dectors Thay Are Manufactured By Sensormatic Or When Using The Self Check Out Most Of Self Checkout Tell You To Place The Item On A Pad Next To The Scanner Those Are Deacavators You Also See Those Near The Full Service Checkouts Have Anybody Thougt Of This It Also Is Cheep To Use!!

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 pm

Cheap to use--but the detectors sure are not cheap!

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:39 pm

True-

But eas is most likely meant for smaller stores and not the small cornr shops of course eas from checkpoint has came down it cheeper becuse it uses Digital RF instead of sensormatics magnetics

The IBM Guy
Forum Regular

Post by The IBM Guy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:23 pm

You cant beat Checkpoint! Sensormatic are rubbish - expensive for a piece of plastic. The Antennas on Checkpoint systems look styleish and they work really well.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:09 pm

True-

Checkpoints Digital RF Antenas Do Work Better Than Sensormatic Thats why i recently had a sensormatic system in my store replaced by checkpoint

The IBM Guy
Forum Regular

Post by The IBM Guy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:52 pm

The RF units don't interfere with some of the items. One store we fitted had a Sensormatic system which kept on going off when detagged products passed through them. We had to replace them with an RF unit similar to checkpoint.

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:23 am

well i'd like to see something to stop the shoplifters where i used to work... many people got pricked with hyperdermic needles trying to stop someone nicking chilled items!

sad to think that many are now terminally i'll because of this, the only voilent lifter i seen that didnt do much dammage was when he broke the manageress nose! so she got off lightly..

it is that bad where i live that the first to run off are the security guards, even when they use stabbie vests etc, needles usually get them somehow...

any ideas on how to deal with this? the police cant arrest them for shoplifting anymore lol (or lack of intrest on catching them for the same reason)

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:39 am

Once I was going through Target and my bag I got from Big W caused there sensors to go off.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:56 am

Target's sensors are alot less acurate as they are older outdated Checkpoint Models but still work ok for most uses