Airport Check in Software - Developed Eventually!

For any non-pos posts you wish to post.

Moderators:daleadmin, Alan, Andrew

Would you like this software to be released?

Poll ended at Wed May 17, 2006 9:01 am

Yes for business
No votes
No
44%
Yes to play with
56%

Total votes: 9

gary
Forum Regular
Airport Check in Software - Developed Eventually!

Post by gary » Sun May 07, 2006 9:01 am

As there has been a demand for this software by myself and other DHPOS users I have developed an Airport Check in Dos Programme, However i cannot seem to upload the pics here, here is a small description of this very BASIC software and how it can be used.

The programme contains a basic Databse with all passenger infomration (flight number, destination, flight meals, etc). The software has the ability to search for passengers and check them in. Just a small piece of software for small airports of airlines. The passenger will approach with a pre-printed letter or Ticket, (this wouild be the ticket you sent out and at the same time added to the passenger list. Then when the date arrives for the passenger to travel they present you with thier tickt, you input thier passenger number into the software, and then the programme will find the passenger. You then Scroll tab down to the check in field and then put a Y, Give them a seat number (you will have to do this part yourself) and then tell the system how much luggae is being checked in. you will have before hand entered the gate number in which the passenger will depart from so then all you do is tell the passenger what time check in si at and from what gate number. Ensure that the passenger knows all the necessery safty information adn let them carry on. When boarding time comes, they will approach the gate with thier boarding pass, enter this number into the system and then tab to boarded, ensuring that the passenger has also checked in and all the other nessecerry info is fiulled out y check in staff. If everything is correct put a Y in the boarded box.

This software can also frun reports to check if all passengers are on board or to see which passengers still have to check in.

You can use DHPOS to sell tickets and then add the passenger info on to the check in system.

I hope i have explained well enough, I will update soon with release dates etc. Let me know what you think.

Gary

There may be spelling issues but i cant be bothered reading this whole thing again to check, so try and make the words out if they are spelt wrong lol.

gary
Forum Regular

Post by gary » Mon May 08, 2006 1:16 pm

I have since added a linked dos database containing Flight information - eg fligh Number how many seats are left the copst of a ticket, in flight info etc, This information is handy and is good to keep track of things. A Small rural bus service is trialing this software for me at the moment and seem very enthusiastic about it. It will soon be realeased to you guys, pending i find somewhere to put it so you can download it. As i have relised i am still developing this software and it is in VERY early stages i will not release this untill at least a month or two as i have relised that this can end up being a very large piece of software as there is so much information needed when dealing with travel. I will keep you updated. A little worried that i have had no responses to this, Is anyone interested?

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Airports

Post by Dale Harris » Tue May 09, 2006 9:48 am

Gary,

The problem with the lack of response to your post may be that few of the people that visit this forum own a commercial airport. But from your post I see that this is also being used by a bus company?

When you do release this software do you want to upload it to the DHPOS 3 party software page here http://keyhut.com/3rdparty.htm

In its previous incantation the "3rd party" page had several applications for download but they were lost when we switched servers and the authors did not repost them.
Dale

wayside
Forum Regular

PLEASE RELEASE THIS!!!!!

Post by wayside » Thu May 18, 2006 9:10 am

PLEASE RELEASE THIS PLEASE

gary
Forum Regular

Post by gary » Tue May 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Due to a lack of interst in this software, i will not be releaing this software. Thank you all for your views and oppinions. If in the future there are more post enquiring about this, then maybe i will release. It is too much of a hassel for me to release this then for nobody to use it. The bus company that had this softwar on trial have since donated a sum of money and are no perm using this software. So if your company requires software likes this i can easily change the wording and what not to suit. This was my first attempt at software developing and i thought it went okay. Than ks for all the advice in and around this site.

Regards

Gary

soz for typos.

oracheski
Occasional Poster

Release Airport

Post by oracheski » Tue May 23, 2006 9:11 pm

I would really appreciate it if you released Airport. Just as a fun thing and those who would want it, could then download it. And maybe more people will be interested in it

wayside
Forum Regular

PLEASE RELEASE THIS!!!!!

Post by wayside » Thu May 25, 2006 2:31 pm

yeh, if you released it i (age 14) and my sister (age 6) could play airports. please re consider

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

grahamsw
Forum Regular

ummmm.

Post by grahamsw » Thu May 25, 2006 9:20 pm

I may be wrong here but i think the purpose of this program was not for playing games but for use at a acctual airport.
just my $0.02
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

dhUser
Forum Regular

Post by dhUser » Thu May 25, 2006 9:21 pm

wayside,
Do you know any Visual Basic 2005?
If you do, i'll send you a pre-made file, and all you do is change descriptions, etc... Most of it is already programmed?

You can edit in Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition, a free version released by Microsoft: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

dhUser
Last edited by dhUser on Thu May 25, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhuser
Thanks for your support

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Thu May 25, 2006 9:27 pm

grahamsw,

DHPOS is for actual stores but many people play with it and I don't mind. It also is used by people who train folks to work in in stores, sort of a job training deal.
Dale

wayside
Forum Regular

?

Post by wayside » Fri May 26, 2006 2:58 pm

I still dont understand. (sorry) :(

Is it possible for a program of the airport to be able to download

many thanks me and my sister are sooooooooooo looking forward to play withit.

David (wayside)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

grahamsw
Forum Regular

according to this

Post by grahamsw » Fri May 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Wayside,
According to what has been posted, No
However someone may eventually do somthing with a program like this.
If you know how to code or are looking to learn this may be a good project for you.
So in short, for now the program is not being doveleped and will not be able for download
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

wayside
Forum Regular

thanks

Post by wayside » Fri May 26, 2006 3:17 pm

thanks for nothing!!!!!

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Post by FormicaFun » Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Angry often?

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri May 26, 2006 10:04 pm

FormicaFun wrote:Angry often?
Ha! I agree ...

Angry often?