not a big problem.....

For any non-pos posts you wish to post.

Moderators:daleadmin, Alan, Andrew

lemon535
Forum Regular
not a big problem.....

Post by lemon535 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:56 am

hey there, first of all thanks for changing the [void] then [esc] problem in the beta version. hope it goes into a new release.

i noticed that in the pos639b3 (not sure about the other versions) that whilst ringing up a refund, you cannot park the sale. however when you press [+] to complete the [F6 PARK] appears down the bottom although it doesnt work.

just something i noticed
thanks

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Parking returns

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:16 am

lemon535,

I see you have picked an out of the way spot to post your note. Don't want to share my magnificent reply with anyone else? :)

Yep, you can't park returns. This is because with a return, since you are giving money to the customer, you do not have to worry about the customer actually attempting to dig coins and bills out of the customer's purse, wallet, pocket, socks, underware (yuck) etc. And then trying to perform the laborous task of counting the loose change and small bills until he thinks he may possibly have the correct amount. Meanwhile you and all of the customers waiting behind him are beating your heads against various assorted hard surfaces in fustration because paying for a purchase is something that he has obviously never done before and may actually be beyond his comprehension. So there is no reason to park his sale to ring up other customers while he is oblivious in a world of his very own.

Also if you are a restaurant you do not have to park the return just in case he wants to add more return items later.

The [Park] label comes up after you press [+] for the simple reason that I did not think of having it not appear. Fortunatly I did think of not making it operational. Maybe at some time in the far distant future I will make it disappear also.
Dale