problem with my notebook pls anybody help

For any non-pos posts you wish to post.

Moderators:daleadmin, Alan, Andrew

HelenHorbik
problem with my notebook pls anybody help

Post by HelenHorbik » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:46 pm

Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:47 pm

Go to http://www.getfirefox.com and download that
Install it.
Delete ANY shortcuts to Internet explorer and replace them with shortcuts to that program,
Swear not to use Internet Explorer,
And you should be fine after that.

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:39 am

I agree with ibm, either that or go to http://www.opera.com and download Opera.

I like Opera a lot better than Firefox, but they're both equally awesome.

anwoke8204
Forum Regular

Post by anwoke8204 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:53 am

what version of internet explorer are you running, and what is the make and model of your notebook. I do tech support for a major computer company, so I have access to a few tools that might help if you can get me this info, I will see what I can do to help
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.