VS1200 Barcode scanner

For any non-pos posts you wish to post.

Moderators:daleadmin, Alan, Andrew

Melinda
VS1200 Barcode scanner

Post by Melinda » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:44 am

Hi,
I have a VS1200 barcode scanner connetcted to my computer. When I do the test scans to note pad, it does scan perfectly and the barcode digits displays like this...

However I can not get it to scan to the POS program :-(

Could anybody assist?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: VS1200 Barcode scanner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:33 am

Melinda,

Why do you think that the POS program and your scanner is not reading the barcodes? Are you in a part of the program where you are supposed to enter a barcode? For example in the "Stock number" column of the stock table.

If you are in a sale where it is asking for a stock number but that item is not in the stock table then there will be no match when you scan the barcode. Try typing in the stock number printed under the barcode and pressing [ENTER]. If the program cannot find the item then it is not in the stock table.

Go to a "text" area of the POS program. The "Header / Footer" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program would be a good place. When the lightbar is on the top line of the header scan a barcode, does it show up in the header?

If all of the above tests work give me some information about your hardware. What type of scanner is it? With what port does it connect to the computer, keyboard port? USB port? Serial port? What version of Windows is running on your computer? Is it a 64 bit version of Windows? Are you using DOSBox or other DOS emulator to run my POS software?

Dale

emery
Forum Regular

Re: VS1200 Barcode scanner

Post by emery » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 pm

it could also be the type of scanner, ps/2 , serial , but if it works in notepad it should have no problem unless you are using a virtual box, emulator, ie. Dosbox , then it wouldn't work at somepoints
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca