ACNielsen HomeScan

For any non-pos posts you wish to post.

Moderators:daleadmin, Alan, Andrew

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular
ACNielsen HomeScan

Post by ChrisKraus » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:33 pm

This is neat. They give you a little scanner doodad.
http://www.homescansignup.com/start.asp?id=210

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Gotta love the Neilsen's...

Post by FormicaFun » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:49 pm

Growing up we had a box on our TV, always wanted to open it up to see how it worked...yet they tend to get upset when you start to tear apart thier devices. Wonder if Mom still has it? Hmm......<reaches for a screw driver>

Anywho, this is pretty cool. We have a simular device for the online shoppers at work. Small device, kinda looks like an odd Remington shaver. When they're ready to shop, go around the kitchen, scan what you need more of, sync it to your computer, add items that you don't have to scan, send the order, yadda yadda...

This also brings back the fond memories of the Cue-Cat in it's prime... Ahh such an obscurity, if only they waited a few more years, it could have really taken off. Perhaps it'll come back? Ehh...probably not.

-Ryan :-)

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:47 pm

I dont know if anyone remembers the CueCat, radio shack gave those away and you hooked it up to your compuater and scanned a barcode and it took you to a webpage about the product. Little did you know that they monitored everything you scanned and stored it in a db just like this product, i personally find things like this an invasion of privacy.
I run a Mobile Athlon 64 3000+ in a Desktop PC with 1gb of ram and an 80GB hdd running WinXP x64 Beta