Receipt Printer

Business to Business forum: offer your wares here. You can offer up whatever it is your business has to offer as long as it would appeal to small businesses. Disclaimer: we have not tested or verified the products of anyone who posts here, this is simply for informational purposes. Buyer beware.

Moderators:daleadmin, Andrew

Adam
Receipt Printer

Post by Adam » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:56 am

Where can I buy a Receipt Printer to use on Dale Harris's POS program?
Can I use any Printer?
What do you recommend?

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:27 pm

Hi

Yes I Reccomend Any Of The Epson Thermal POS Printers Don't Buy The Dot Matrix Beacuse The Printers Locks Up And You Can Almost Never Get A Print Out Of Those Kind

WARNING!

If You Buy On Ebay DO NOT Buy A Printer Under The Name Of DHprint These Printers Feature A Feed Roller Made Of Of Silcone And When Shipped The Roller Melts Than When You Power It Up The Roller Makes Contact With The Inside Plastic And Then It Is A Total Waste Beacuse The Roller Dries And The Roller Is Stuck!!

:!: :D

Dalitt1

Post by Dalitt1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:11 am

Hi,

I have found the Epson TM88 to work very well & there are cash drawer codes on the DH Pos website.

Michael with Pos-X

Post by Michael with Pos-X » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:23 pm

If you want a Thermal Reciept printer that is CHEAPER than the Epson TMT88 and has a LONGER WARRANTY try the Pos-x Xr-500. They offer better products at better pricing and have great customer service. You can view their product line at http://www.pos-x.com/mb or call them toll free at 1-800-790-8657 Ext # 168.

They also offer Cash Drawers/ Barcode Scanners and More. Check them out.
Pos-X...Point of Sale Perfected!

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Control codes

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 pm

Michael with Pos-X,

The tricky part with receipt printers is to get the proper control code that needs to be sent to the printer to have the printer pop open the cash drawer that attaches to the receipt printer. Which is why this page exists http://keyhut.com/popopen.htm

Sometimes getting the proper code is a piece of cake, it is right there in the printer's manual in the digital form that DHPOS needs.

Other times (think Epson) the code is extremely difficult to find and when you do it is in a form that only programmers will understand and it would be easier to understand if it was presented in Egyptian hieroglyphics.

So I will make you a deal. If you will give me a list of your printers and their control codes for popping open the cash drawer and activating the cutter bar I will post them on the page above. Since this page is researched by many folks who use other POS systems in addition to DHPOS this could really help you out with getting awareness of your printers to spread.
Dale

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Yes the estimated times that page is view durring one month is 400-450 times

Tampa POS
Occasional Poster

Re: Receipt Printer

Post by Tampa POS » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 am

Hello everyone,

Yes, I agree with ibmsystems.

You can use any Epson Pos printer.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Re: Receipt Printer

Post by Andrew » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:35 am

Tampa POS, given that this thread is about four years old, I should hope they've found a printer by now.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)