Possible Bug POS 6.35

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular
Possible Bug POS 6.35

Post by Robert_Nel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:37 am

Hi Dale,
In version 6.35 when cash "Drops" and cash "Pulls" are done they don't always appear in the Sales Reports. Sometimes they appear as a transaction in the "voids" and don't appear in the sales reports. The total money balances.

Thanks
Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Pulls & drops

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:16 pm

Robert,

Since cash drops and cash pulls are transactions they should always appear when you use the "5. Voids" feature to look at past transactions.

Remember that cash drops and cash pulls cancel each other out. Cash pulls add to the total and cash drops subtract from the total when you check the "Cash drops / pulls" figure on the closing screen. However on the closing screen the transaction count for "Cash drops / pulls" will always increment by +1 whenever a cash drop or cash pull is rung up. Therefore if you have many cash drops and cash pulls during the day it is possible to have a dollar total of 0.00 and a transaction count of 20 for "Cash drops / pulls" at the end of the day.

I have just rung up 20 cash drops / pulls along with other transactions and the the total on the closing report for "Cash drops / pulls" came out exactly correct.
Dale

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Cash Drops and Pulls

Post by Robert_Nel » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:17 am

Hi Dale,
Thanks for the reply. I understand how the cash drop/pulls system works, but what has happened is that the transactions haven't appeared on the sales reports. My "opening" of the register is eg: Friday and I will close the session on the Saturday. And then reopen on the Saturday and close again on Sunday. I will try and get the journal files and email to you if it happens again.

Robert Nel
Robert R Nel