Question about aprint and receipt problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

scrappiechick
Question about aprint and receipt problem

Post by scrappiechick » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:28 am

I'm using aprint 4 with POS640J with a receipt printer. For some reason, it's cutting a 1/2" strip before printing the actual receipt and it is SLOW. Any way to fix this?

Thanks!
Gray

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Question about aprint and receipt problem

Post by daleadmin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Gray,

Unless you are using a receipt printer that connects to the computer through a USB port (or if you are into self abuse, a serial port) why are you using APRINT4? If your printer connects using the parellel printer port you should be able to print directly without using APRINT4.

Dale

scrappiechick

Post by scrappiechick » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Sorry, I should have specified, it is a USB printer. When using the older versions of the program, it was lightning fast with no 1/2" cut. I just timed it and it's taking 8-10 seconds to even start to print, although the first cut is almost immediate.

ETA: the reason I upgraded was b/c I had problems with the older version freezing/shutting down after random credit transactions and needing a complete reboot, with the loss of the sale. Otherwise, I'd just stick with it.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Gray,

Jon rewrote the APRINT4 program using a different process so I guess that is causing the difference, at least as far as the delay. I will mention it to him. Using all versions of APRINT has always caused a delay for me compared to just printing directly. However if APRINT3 worked for you it will still work with the new version.

Dale

scrappiechick

Post by scrappiechick » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:57 am

Hi Dale,
I have not been able to print from POS640J using aprint3? I can only use aprint3 on an older version of POS which only has about a 2 second delay before spitting out the receipt.

Thanks for your help!
Gray

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:38 pm

Gary,

I just tried APRINT3 with POS Version 6.40J and it worked with no problems. Are you sure that you are running APRINT3 from the same folder as 6.40J.

Dale

scrappiechick

Post by scrappiechick » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 am

Well, DUH. :idea:

This is why I need professionals! :oops: It worked for me, quit cutting the 1/2" strip, but still took 6-8 seconds to print the receipt. I'm not going to complain...I {heart} DHPOS!

Thanks so much for your help,
Gray