stockitem of -0.45 becomes -0.44

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

René
Occasional Poster
stockitem of -0.45 becomes -0.44

Post by René » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:09 pm

For returning bottles I added items in the stocktable called "statiegeld" (=deposit money) with prices -0.10 -0.25 and -0.45 , taxrate 0 (=0.000%) (Dale told me how to add negative prices in the stocktable)
If I ring only 1 of these items on the screen apears total -0.09 0.24 or -0.44.
In all other situations it seams to go fine and it shows the right value.
Any idea how to solve this?
I use 6.36(d)
René

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Ok First Try Updating To 6.37 Than Check Back Here

Thanks

If You Upgrade To 6.37 I Can Help Here

René
Occasional Poster

637b installed

Post by René » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:53 pm

Hello,
I did. 637b is running now. Same problem, no difference.
To look deeper in to it I defined a stock item with a price -100.00. In that case it also deducts 0.01 of the price on the screen in the total line on the screen. In the item line is shows the correct value.
It doesn't matter what the price is. If it is negative AND the first item it deducts 0.01 of the price that is in the stock table.

René

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Rounding error

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:37 pm

This is a problem when you are using "included" tax and negative prices in the stock table. I will look into this and see what I can do.
Dale

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Rounding error

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:12 pm

René,

Try this file http://keyhut.com/pos637c.zip

Make a backup of your current POS.EXE file first before unzipping this file.

This contains only a new POS.EXE file which means that you can only try it out if you are currently using version 6.37b

Needless to say the concept here is to not only get the bottle deposit thing to come out correctly but also to not screw up anything else. The part of the code I had to change involved calculating the total sale and rounding the sale to the nearest 5¢ or 10¢ but only if your register is configured to use "included" tax.

So I need everyone to ring up test sales using your particular register configuration (assuming that it is configured to use "included" tax.) Even if you do not ring sales with negative prices I still need it tested so that I can be sure that your sales are still coming out correctly. Test it with rounding and not rounding sales.

Testing returns and voids with bottle deposits would also be a swell idea.
Dale

René
Occasional Poster

It works!

Post by René » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:39 pm

Hello Dale,

I installed it tested it with single and multiple deposits, in combination with "normal" items. Did voids in all kind of ways. Tried several returns ( even with bottle returns wich is crazy!) and every thing works fine. I use 3 tax rates 0 % 6 % and 19 %. All is caculated well.

Thnaks for the fast response and solution. Now I must do a lot of translation agian to Dutch...grrrr)

If you ever start making pos for more languages i'll translate the parameters to Dutch and German if you want:)
Best regards and thanks

René