This one is for Jsimpson

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Chas
This one is for Jsimpson

Post by Chas » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:02 pm

Hey Jon,
Ive been using the new Aprint without any problems printing sales slips. Today when trying to print a sales report the program stopped and an one of those Windows XP Error Reporting boxes popped up and the program closed and the print spooler went all the way up to over 10,000 pages to process and the printer kept spitting blank pages out one right after another.

See you in chat tonight!
Chas

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

me too

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:43 pm

Aprint has done weird things to me too like print 10+ copies of something that was only supposed to print once.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Near as I can tell

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:49 pm

the problem is caused by the printer driver not releaseing some system resources after it is called... this causes aprint to lock up on the final printer call and the printer driver to print uncontrollably... I'll see if I can find a work around, and if I can find the locked resources I can probably release them manually. Thanks for the report :)

Jonathan Simpson