Hiding Sales Summary

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular
Cash register screen

Post by Robert_Nel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:48 am

Hi ,
This the way I do my cashing up in my Pub.
When cashier arrives she counts the cash using the following method:
I have created stock item numbers for the money denominations ie stock no 381 = 10cent pieces , 382 = 20 cent pieces ect.
She keys the amounts of coins notes ect as a sale. This will give a total amount. She does not ring it through as a sale , this parked and a printout done. Printout is signed and compared to the Cash in register figures on the sales report printout.Both copies are signed and placed in a drop safe.
At the end of the shift she totals up again and parks the Cash count. A receipt is printed out and again signed and put into the drop safe. Her final figures must tally with the Sales cash in register report.
They do not close out the register. This is done the next day when we open and balance the cash sales ect.
I delete the first parked cash count after she has counted and printed the first cash count receipt.
Another method I have started using is with the credit card feature, I do a return on the “sales cash count “ at a 100% discount return .I do not have credit card facilities .
I have used the above method for more than 3 years with great success.
Robert R Nel

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:51 am

Bravo Robert - using the stock table and park features to count the denominations is a clever idea.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:59 am

actually that is a realy good idea... i cant say i like the 100% off! that to me is asking for troubble...
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)

JohnHeart
Forum Regular

Post by JohnHeart » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:20 am

I'm sorry if I missed something here but how do you exit the POS program if you don't close it? Do you leave the machine always ON?
JohnHeart

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:59 pm

JohnHeart wrote:I'm sorry if I missed something here but how do you exit the POS program if you don't close it? Do you leave the machine always ON?
DHPOS User Manual wrote:CLOSE REGISTER
You will be shown the day's sales broken down into cash, check, and credit transactions for both purchases and returns along with the transaction counts for each type of sale. Sales tax collected is broken down by tax rate. Since in minimum mode you have not setup the use of a printer the program cannot print a closing receipt.

"Close register" will display the current sales rung up for today. You may then either return to the cash register, close the register by printing out the closing receipt and then resetting the sales totals to zero, or exit the program without closing and leaving the sales totals intact.

Now that you know the least that this program can do in minimum mode, it is time to start thinking of enhanced modes and what this program can really do.
So from the main menu of DHPOS: option 7, then option 3 on the close menu.

http://keyhut.com/postip1.htm#starting
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

JohnHeart
Forum Regular

Post by JohnHeart » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:25 pm

So from the main menu of DHPOS: option 7, then option 3 on the close menu.

http://keyhut.com/postip1.htm#starting
Oh, still, that will show the sales summary. I thought there's an option to exit the program and skipping that sales summary.

Robert's way of cashing is good if all employees are honest. If an employee did not enter the sale of an item and kept the payment on his/her pocket for that item, the signed cash count and the cash on the register will still tally. Nobody knows the cheating until the next inventory.
JohnHeart

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Cashing up

Post by Robert_Nel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:30 am

Hi ,

We do full stock check every shift change , which is every two days. DHPOS Inventory report is pasted into a spread sheet as well as the sales reports , stock check figures are keyed into spread sheet and these must tally. Do not loose a single "tot" of spirits or a bottle of beer. Bar ladys cash and lock up at night. The dhpos is left on, we close and reopen each day. The staff is not given access to anything on dhpos , other than to ring up sales. Bar ladies check the stock and enter figures into a stock book before leaving. we use these figures to enter into spread sheet, differences are physicaly recounted. If cash count does not tally , bar ladies have 6 hours from receiving a sms to respond with a explanation and to rectifiey .

Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

Nick
Forum Regular

Post by Nick » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:01 pm

My method around this is balancing the till using the employee sales report. Since more then one person uses the register in a day the closing screen and printout is in effect useless to the closer as a form of cheating. Of course this does require keeping more cash on hand and having a place people can lock their tills when not using a register.
But it works pretty good for me.
-Nick