use with barcodes?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

matt
use with barcodes?

Post by matt » Thu May 29, 2008 6:44 am

Can this software be set to use an alphanumeric code instead of only barcodes? I have many items that cannot be coded and I would like to have the option of typing in a code (EG ABC123-YXZ).

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: use with barcodes?

Post by daleadmin » Thu May 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Matt,

Please read this http://keyhut.com/faq.htm#vendor

You can also assign all numeric stock numbers to items (as short as 1 digit) and use a pricing gun to put them on your products.

Dale

matt

Post by matt » Sat May 31, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks for the help - I think I can work with this now.

Searching on vendor code is a slower process and therefore I have the ability to limit the search to first 1000 (or whatever) records in the stocktable. However, I have already entered about 1000 records that do not need the vendor code. Can I easily "push" these records further down the table so I don't search these whilst looking for one I do need to search for. Hope that made sense - I think you know what I am meaning.

Matt

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat May 31, 2008 9:08 pm

Matt,

By pressing [F5] when at the stock table you can manipulate the lines in the stock table including inserting a block of blank lines to move the other lines down. Read this http://keyhut.com/postip6a.htm#export

Dale