? my printer does something...

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Candid
Occasional Poster
Re: ? my printer does something...

Post by Candid » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:46 pm

No problem for the time, as yoiu can see, I do it to.

We are using Windows XP and the driver for the printer is just the generic / Text only driver that's in Windows.

Thanks!

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi Candid,

you need to use the epson driver for the printer it will work better. here is the driver http://www.mcgcs.net/epson/ATM_304E.exe

Please let me know how you get on. The reason the printer is printing out all that paper is because the driver you are using is very basic and dose not know how to control the printer also you should be able to use the cash drawer codes as well.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:47 pm

So where are we on this. Are you saying that the printer now works fine except that it will not open the cash drawer?

Are you sure that the cash drawer actually works?

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:09 am

Hi Dale,

What he is saying not to be sorry of taking a long time in replying as he also takes a long time in replying.

Candid
Occasional Poster

Post by Candid » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Sorry, x-mas has me real buisy. Nothing has been fixed yet, even with the new driver. I'm going to try something as soon as I get a chance and get back with you. It might be a week or so.

Thanks for all the help!