EPSON pole

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

EPSON pole

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:35 pm

Anyone knows whether the EPSON DM-D110 pole display can be configured to be used with Cash Register?

The spec sheet says it's a "pass through type/Direct connection" with an RS-232 interface. It has an RJ-45 type jack and I'm contemplating whether that can be made to work with a 9 or 25-pin serial connector plugged into the PC.

A real challenge?

Alan
POS Guru

Ah

Post by Alan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:06 pm

I've got one of these types of Epson pole, alas mine is from an Epson IR-300 register. I've tried running it through my Epson H6000 which has the correct "Hydra" pass through port to no avail (no power)

You would need power to the RJ-45 lead too....

Alan

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Pass-through is different

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:21 pm

From the information I have gotten from Joe and Jon. pass-through pole displays require additional coding that other poles displays do not. You have to tell them which information is for the pole display and which information will "pass through." Currently the POS program will not provide this information.
Dale