Receipt Printing Issue

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

greed
Occasional Poster
Receipt Printing Issue

Post by greed » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:23 pm

My receipts are not formatting correctly it’s like they are too wide. Even my little dotted lines are to long. I end up with one more on the next line
---------------------------------
-
Also my total and sub total amounts do not show up.
I have it set to 40 characters wide
Running Windows 2k and XP both do the same
I am using a USB ‘not serial ” Epson TM-220D
I am running 6.22 and tried 6.26 and both do the same.
I have played with the Receipt Language but still no luck.
I have seen that you need to change the font or put your printer in data mode but I can’t figure out how to do that. I have seen others people with the exact same problem on the forum but I never see how they fix it.
Here is my printer set up file.

══════╣ Setup the register to use a printer by choosing the following. ╠════
(L) YES Print receipts on a printer.
(L) CONT. Print on a page printer or print continuously.
(L) 0 Number of blank lines between receipts. (Continuous) 0 - 20
(L) 0 Number of top margin lines. (Page) 0 - 5
(L) 60 Number of printed lines per page. (Page) 50 - 70
(L) 0 Number of bottom margin lines. (Page) 0 - 5
(L) NO Use form feed at end of page. (Page)
(L) 40 Print 40 or 80 characters wide.
(L) 1 Print 1 or 2 receipts per transactions.
(L) NO Print an extra receipt for credit sales.
NO Save journal info to a text file to print later.
NO Ask before printing sales receipt.
NO Ask before printing opening receipt.
YES Allow printing of sales checks.
(L) NO Forced line feed.
NO Pause before printing second receipt.
NO Print blank line between items.
NO Print additional alternate transaction numbers on receipts.
══════════════════════════════════════════════════
I have played with the Epson utilities and can figure out what I can change in there to fix it. I have also went into the Print Processor and changed from Winprint to ModiPrint also played with default data type. I have not tried all data types but the ones I have did not seem to affect it. And I don’t see any DIP switches to flip to fix the prob.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Printer

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:50 pm

No matter how you have selected to print, how is your printer <u>actually</u> connected to your compter?

1. Parallel printer port.

2. Serial port.

3. USB port.
Dale

greed
Occasional Poster

Post by greed » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:48 pm

Using the USB port. I made it the default printer and use aprint to do the rest.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/greed123@ ... pg&.src=ph

I messed up put this in the wrong place sorry.

peachey13
Forum Regular

Post by peachey13 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Have you set up the recipt lanague usig the option in posconfig???

---
peachey111213

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:15 am

Yea but all that seems to do is change the Headers. I can't get the text to move over or shrink down.

greed
Occasional Poster

Post by greed » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:19 am

Forgot to log in on my last message. I do have a ? about the receipt language. What does this part of it do?

'#' FIELDS -->1 UP MINUS ######.##/PC
MUST REMAIN-->ALL UP MINUS######.##/PC
BUT CAN BE -->LINE ABOVE REDUCED ##%
SHIFTED -->ALL ABOVE REDUCED ##%
Use 'TAX RATE' to change this line-->
Use 'TAX RATE' to change this line-->

Does modifying any of the bold stuff move anything around that would help me out?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:55 am

Those are to design the way you want discounts to appear on receipts.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

greed
Occasional Poster

Post by greed » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:39 pm

I am getting closer. I loaded another system with Win98 and the print is much better. I am still trying to figure out how to get more fonts in the DOS window on the 2k machine. But it does look like the font issue that Dale told us about. Or maybe the drive I have to use for W2K I still have to figure out what all the DIP switches do on this Epson TM-U220D printer. Still prints a little to the right. Epson documentation does not break it down good enough for me. Thanks for all the help from everybody I will keep you posted when I get my final answer :)

greed
Occasional Poster

Post by greed » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:20 pm

I was finally able to use generic drivers with the USB TM-U220D. It worked with XP I will be trying 2k and 98 soon. The drivers that Epson provides would not work for me. No matter what font, or print setting, or dip switch or anything else it tried I was only able to get about 35 characters across. That was using the Epson drivers for USB for 98,2K,or XP. It would not let me use generic driver.

I found some other drivers and installed them I then changed the driver to use generic and now I am getting 40 characters across. I know it was covered already about this issue but I was unable to get it to use the generic driver. It just reinforces what Dale told us about this already. Just wish I would have listen better to that advice. Here is where I got the drivers if anybody else needs it. http://www.apipos.com/download.htm

I am still not out of the woods on this. Now it will not feed enough paper after it prints to tear the receipt. I went into the DHPOS printer setup and told it to add 10 lines between receipts but still it just stops after the last letter printed. I changed a few other setting in there and does not seem to change anything. If I leave the paper as letter it will feed to much paper out. So I am still working on this.

sysadmin
Forum Regular

Post by sysadmin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:45 pm

It's possible this is a driver issue... Taking it under review (I'll have a look at the driver your using when I get a moment but it might be a few days)

greed
Occasional Poster

Post by greed » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:19 pm

I did come up with a work around. I went into the header and footer setup. I then added about 8 blank lines at the end of my footer and then i put a ( . )
That seems to do the trick. With all the time i spent trying to get this thing to print right i can live with a dot.