dale website

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

dale website

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:54 pm

Dale,

While your software is great and easy to understand, your website seems a bit cluttered, no offense.

Can I help you revamp your web site? It can help even more people learn about POS and get involved in the community.

cmputerman
Forum Regular

Re: dale website

Post by cmputerman » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:03 am

Anonymous wrote:Dale,

While your software is great and easy to understand, your website seems a bit cluttered, no offense.

Can I help you revamp your web site? It can help even more people learn about POS and get involved in the community.
He could use a hiracy like:

HOMEPAGE
Support
Dales Email Address
CONTACT ME
Dales Email
Other ways to contact Dale
DOWNLOADS
All Dales Software
LINKS
Educational Links and such
Other Links
FORUMS
CHAT

not in that order necessarily...
Hello! Here is the specs for my comptuer i recently built for myself

AMD Ath64 Processor 2800+ Overclocked to 2.2 GHZ, 80GB HDD, 768MB RAM, Runs Windows and Linux!

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Cluttered

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:22 am

Guest,

Thanks for the offer but I am a cluttered kind of guy so the website accurately reflects me.

And I sort of like it the way it is anyway.
Dale

FormicaFun

Cluttered?

Post by FormicaFun » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:34 pm

I've never had a navagational problem on the site....standard navagational links on the left, labeled clearly, no dead links/wrong links.

Perhaps you mean it's basic...no cool graphics, no fancy fonts. Well, this it may not be, but it's still fucntional, gets the point across, and reminds me of the websites of days gone by.

Of course you could use, and if memeory serves several people have, said the same thing about the software itself. It's all DOSey, just text, no graphics, no pointing device, no touch screen option. Yet amazingly enough, in all it's archaicness it gets the job done. Plus, the simplicity is appealing. Afterall, shouldn't the focus of a POS system be the numbers, not to impress your friends and family with pretty pictures?

Mr. 74
Occasional Poster

erhryererher. wet4gegawe!

Post by Mr. 74 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:18 pm

No, I dont mean fancy graphics; I am in fact talking about navigational issues.

While the pos.htm page is good, the main page, in my perspective, has a lot of information all at once. For example, the "FREE! Got your attention?" sign has lost some of its effectiveness due to all the information.

However, it is not a major problem. I will respect Dale's decision, for he is the Great One.
Sincerely,
Mr. 74

"To alcohol, the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems"
- Homer Simpson, my idol

okiepc
Forum Regular

Website

Post by okiepc » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:33 pm

Works fine for me, if it ain't broken don't fix it. Really, it is nice and simple, not a lot of things to distract me.

Keep up the good work :D
okiepc
Biostar M7NCG 400,Barton XP2500 333FBS, 1gigDDR 3200 dual channel mode OC to 2.2GH
Liteon cd,cdrw. XP PRO+Xandros3.1. 80g+40g hd. Cobra822 mod case