APRINT 4 DOS - Is there one?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

The IBM Guy
Forum Regular
APRINT 4 DOS - Is there one?

Post by The IBM Guy » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:54 am

simple question... Is there an aprint for dos? Thanks

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:17 pm

I think there was...but not now.

APRINT is essentially designed to access Windows printer drivers, so it kinda needs to be Windows based. From memory we had issues with the DOS version.

Besides, if you need to print to windows printer drivers...you would (one assume) have windows installed and be able to run regular APRINT.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

The IBM Guy
Forum Regular

Post by The IBM Guy » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:19 pm

heres the problem you see... IBM SurePOS 4690 systems can only run dos and I need an aprint to work in dos so I can use the default printer drivers. They dont do the drivers for windows.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:59 pm

Yes, but APRINT's purpose is to access windows printer drivers, namely those connected to serial or USB ports which DHPOS can't access on it's own.

DHPOS can print direct to virtually any parallel printer on it's own - without APRINT.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

The IBM Guy
Forum Regular

Post by The IBM Guy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:59 am

thats the only down point with IBM, they use their own ports so you have to connect to the drivers for it.

will have to look elsewhere for pos software.