Epson TM-T60 & Others

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

zed
Forum Regular
Epson TM-T60 & Others

Post by zed » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:26 am

Im opening a new store, next Wednesday and Ive still not managed to setup the tills properly.

Anyone setup a Epson TM-T60 Thermal Receipt Printer? I remember reading a POST on this forum somewhere about this printer but cant seem to find that post now. arghhh.

Ive downloaded the TM drivers from the Epson website but it doesnt list the TM60. Also having problems getting it to open the cash drawer connected to the printer.

Have tried the TM-L60 driver, its printing but its missing the COST and amounts on the right side. Its also inserting a blank line after each printer line? Even though its turned off in POSCONFIG.

I also wanted to know if DHPOS will support a receipt printer connected to a customer display which is then connected to a single COM port (Pass through)?

Finally to help others Ive managed to get the DigiPOS CD5220 Customer Display working! using the UTC/S setting.
Would prefer to get the £ symbol showing on the display, is this possible?

PLEASE HELP!

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:09 pm

when you are install the driver you should try tm-t80 driver if you can from what i rember about the tm-t60 should be using the same hardware in the printer. :|

if you do not have the drivers for tm-t80 printer let me know by this form. i will look for the driver that i have and put them on my web site. :D :?:
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

zed
Forum Regular

Post by zed » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:53 pm

Just had a look in the list, no TM80.

Please please please could you post them up.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:55 pm

yes i hve got them and i will put them on my site. i will post back here when i get them up
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:51 pm

the drivers are up on my site now got.myvnc.com

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:00 pm

woops i forgot to login
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

zed
Forum Regular

Post by zed » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Cheers for that but its alot better but not good enough.

Think im going to pack it in and go for a known printer such as a Epson T88II or something. Something thats been tested before.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:58 pm

did you set the dhpos to 40 coloum. i have set up one of these printer before and it worked fine when set to 40 coloum
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Dip switches

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Some Epson receipt printers can be hardwired (by setting DIP switches) to print different characters per line. Your printer DIP switches (if you have them) may be set to make your printer print less than 40 characters wide. If you contact Epson they may be able to tell you if you can reset your printer to print 40 characters wide.
Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:59 pm

go back to my site i have put up the manual for the printer it has the dip switchs in it. got.myvnc.com
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

zed
Forum Regular

Post by zed » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks for that, checked DIP switches, all are correct, there is no DIP switch for changing characters per line. Its set as 40 characters in POSCONFIG.

Another WEIRD thing ive just noticed is DHPOS does not seem to communicate with the printer com port 1 (only works using Aprint). When trying to send a test print (F4), it shows an error message (error 223 on windows XP and error 127 in Windows 98). If I try to send codes to the printer to open the cash drawer it hangs?!

But the printer and cash drawer work fine in windows, If I select the "control" font and type in "A" using font 10 and click print, it ejects the cash drawer.
Can also print the test page with no problems.

Anyone come across this before? I thought XP gave problems but didnt expect Windows 98 SE?

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Serial

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:59 pm

Zed,

It may be weird but that is the way Microsoft wants it.

While you can access the serial port from Windows and sometimes the DOS command line, Windows XP will not allow DOS software to access any serial port. Go ask Bill Gates why this is true, I do not know.
Dale

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:16 pm

but Windows 98 SE shoudn't have the same problem?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:43 pm

Hence we cannot stress more that serial printers are the scum of the earth.

How many times must we recommend parallel printers?

Look into my eyes...you are getting verrry sleepy...you WILL buy a parallel printer to use with DHPOS...repeat after me...
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Pointless

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:37 pm

Andrew,

You know this may be pointless. Until we scour the entire earth to run down every last serial receipt printer and smash it into tiny little bits people for some reason will continue the hopeless pursuit of trying get one to work with DHPOS. I guess that they are just into abuse.

Listen folks. Dribbling a bowling ball on your foot will probably be much less painful and eventually the pain will end once your stop it. Trying to get a serial printer to work with DHPOS will cause endless pain because you will never stop. You will always think that if just do one more thing that it will work. It won't, give up.

But at least it is something to do. Think of those poor parallel printer port receipt printer users, they plug it in, turn it on, and it works perfectly. Now what do they do for pain and suffering?
Dale