Forum Troubles: Please read

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

sysadmin
Forum Regular
Forum Troubles: Please read

Post by sysadmin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:33 pm

I wanted to inform everyone that it's possible the forum may go down for a while. I have backed up everything and we should not lose any data, BUT the forum may be inaccesible for an unknown amount of time. At this point, we have about 8 days.

The long and short of it is that I pay the bill for this thing to run, and while it is really not very expensive, I've been out of work for 4 months. Needless to say, I can't pay it this time. I have just started a new job so this is not a forever thing, but my kids and my home have some needs that are going to need to be addresses with that first check. I will fix this problem as soon as I possibly can, but thats where we are right now.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions OR has a working PHP capable web space, feel free to send me a mail at jsimpson@home-nets.biz. The forum takes about 10 megs of space, but the database is stored elsewhere so this number does not grow.

Thank you all for reading this. As I said, I will do my best to take care of it as quickly as possible in order to continue serving the community surrounding this program. I am proud to be a part of the POS community and hope it endures for a long time to come.

Thanks, and hang in there... we'll be back,
Jonathan Simpson

jsimpson@home-nets.biz

bdude2

free host

Post by bdude2 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:08 am

for a temporary free host, i recommend http://www.orgfree.com they have db, php, and ftp with about 100mb-ish storage.

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:40 pm

Okay, I took some spare time to set up a temp forum
See http://dhpos-forum.no-ip.biz

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Jonathan

And we're back!!!

Post by Jonathan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:30 pm

And we're back!!! Sorry for any inconvenience and welcome back everyone.

chasmit
Forum Regular

Thanks Jon

Post by chasmit » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:21 pm

Thanks Jon!

This is a good place and you are a good man.

chasmit

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:42 am

YAY JON!!!
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:05 pm

thank you Jon

I missed this place

thank you for getting it back on line