receipt printing

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

me
receipt printing

Post by me » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:36 pm

I send Dale and email before I realized this forum was here.

I'll looking into using DHPOS version 6.36b

I only want to print receipts when a credit card is used for payment.

So, I went into POSCONFG and selected Printer Setup. I set the option to print a duplicate receipt for credit transactions to YES...which works fine.....and I set the option to "ask before printing receipt" to yes.

When I try a sale and choose "yes" to print a receipt, it doesn't print. With the "ask before printing" option set to "no" it prints just fine.

LBshop
Occasional Poster

Post by LBshop » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:01 pm

I started this thread....thought I would go ahead and register for the forum

other than the problem described above......i love this program.

I was able to learn how to use it pretty easily

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Receipt printing

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:47 pm

LBshop,

I just tried it here and it is working fine. I set up the program to print 2 receipts for credit sales and ask before printing a sales receipt. When I rang up a credit sale it asked me if I wanted to print a receipt, I picked "Print receipt" and it printed two copies of the receipt.

Are you using the APRINT.EXE program to control printing. If you are it may take 15 to 45 seconds to begin printing or may not print until you return to the main menu.

Can anyone else replicate this problem?
Dale

LBshop
Occasional Poster

Post by LBshop » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:54 pm

I am using APRINT.EXE

It's not printing at all.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Printing

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:06 pm

LBshop,

What kind of printer are you using? Does it connect to the computer using the parallel printer port or a USB port?
Dale

LBshop
Occasional Poster

Post by LBshop » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:08 pm

HP 1210v all-in-one connects through USB port

When I have the open to ask set....the APRINT.EXE window shows "printing done" before i select the yes/no option for receipt printing

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Sleep

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:22 pm

LBshop,

I will have to look into this tomorrow. It is bed time here.

Bye for now,
Dale

LBshop
Occasional Poster

Post by LBshop » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:33 pm

Dale,

Thanks for your help.

I tried a few things:

Currently, I have this DHPOS set up on my home computer....learning how to use it in my spare time.

I had set up a couple different associate numbers to see how that worked.

I tried ringing a sale under a different associate number and it printed just fine with the "ask before printing" option.

I had set up a password on my own associate number (again seeing how things work) but I turned the "use PINs" option off b/c I didn't want to have to keep typing it in after I saw how it worked. So I went into POSCONFG and changed that option back to "yes" and now it prints fine under my associate number.

So I guess....problem fixed and fyi for anybody who encounters the same problem.